The Kevork Tahta Armenian Community Sunday School was founded in 1978 under the auspices of the Armenian Community and Church Council of Great Britain and the benefactor-philanthropist Kevork Tahta (1895-1980). Kevork Tahta donated £100,000 to the Community Council which enabled them to set up a Trust for the benefit of the Armenian community’s religious, educational and cultural needs.
In 2018, the Kevork Tahta Armenian Community Sunday School celebrated its 40th anniversary. During the past 40 years, the school has become a reputable educational establishment and was awarded two prizes for the preservation of Armenian identity and language in the Diaspora.
The first headteacher was Dr Kevork Chorbajian who served until 1979. He was succeeded by Dr Hovhannes Avakian who was headteacher from 1979 to 1983. From 1983 until her retirement in 2005, the school was under the headship of Mrs. Anahit Kazarians BA, MA. The current headteacher is Mrs. Rusanna Tatoulian BSc, MA.